Monday, October 23, 2006

Mid-term election predictions & political potpourri


Since I have already cast my absentee ballot, its time to divulge my predictions. First off I was hoping that the GOP would either win the governorship in Iowa, or at least retain Nussle's old seat (1st congressional district). I hope I'm wrong but I feel the Dems will win both of these elections. Culver will win the gubernatorial by a 53-47% margin while Braley will defeat Whalen 54-46%. Sen. Geo Allen will win in Virginia over Jim Webb by a 55-45% margin. In my upset special Michael Steele will be elected US Senator from Maryland in a 50.5% to 49.5% squeeker. GOP will retain the Senate but lose the House as the libs pick up 18 seats. Several of the 2008 presidential candidiates will announce formation of their respective "presidential exploratory committes" in the months of January and February 2007. You should know all of the players by the end of April. I predict that Rudy Guiliani will NOT seek the GOP nomination. I've said all along that I won't believe that he's running until he has staff on the ground in the Hawkeye state. Also I predict that Sen. Allen will not seek the nomination either. On the dems side, Edwards is off to a good start as he has been to Iowa repeatedly. Warner's candidacy was the first casualty of '08, looks like O'Bama will likely run. Can any of them stop Hillary's "coronation"??? GOP is a two man race, McCain vs. the McCain alternative, which appears more and more to be Mitt Romney.

No comments: